Seeking Forgiveness Quotes
- It takes a strong person to say sorry.
- Let us not listen to those who think we ought to be angry with our enemies, and who believe this to be great and manly. Nothing is so praiseworthy, nothing so clearly shows a great and noble soul, as clemency and readiness to forgive.
- Do not expect forgiveness for yourself, if you can’t forgive.
- Through faith in the Lord Jesus alone can we obtain forgiveness of our sins, and be at peace with God; but, believing in Jesus, we become, through this very faith, the children of God; have God as our Father, and may come to Him for all the temporal and spiritual blessings which we need.
- Forgive them if you want them in your life.
- Forgive them even if you don’t want them anymore.
- Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.
- A person worth forgiving cannot be forgotten.
- If we can find forgiveness in our hearts for those who have caused us hurt and injury, we will rise to a higher level of self-esteem and well-being.
- I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.
- How does one know if she has forgiven? You tend to feel sorrow over the circumstance instead of rage, you tend to feel sorry for the person rather than angry with him. You tend to have nothing left to say about it all.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- For me, forgiveness and compassion are always linked: how do we hold people accountable for wrongdoing and yet at the same time remain in touch with their humanity enough to believe in their capacity to be transformed?
Top Forgiveness Quotes
Forgive me Quotes
- He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven; for everyone has the need to be forgiven.
- The most important thing that I learned in growing up is that forgiveness is something that, when you do it, you free yourself to move on.
- You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.
- With a bruised heart and a deflated ego, with a sad soul and a head hung low. I apologize to you unconditionally.
- Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.
- The homepage of our relationship cannot be currently displayed because of a server error. Can we please click on the refresh button and start over again? I am sorry.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge.
- The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
- When you make a mistake and the devil comes and tells you ‘You’re no good,’ you don’t have to take on the guilt and condemnation he wants to put on you. No! You can immediately confess your mistake to God, thank Him for forgiving you and cleansing you with the blood of Jesus, and move forward in the victory of His grace and forgiveness.
- It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.
- Oh I’m sorry for blaming you For everything I just couldn’t do And I’ve hurt myself from hurting you
- Many times, the decisions we make the effect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have a lot of regrets in that regard. But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time.
- When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future.
Quotes about Forgiveness and Mistakes
- I have more issues then I could possibly count. And on my worse days, I’ll go from happy to sad in seconds. I don’t always like myself, and sometimes I’ll even assume you don’t like me either. I’ll push you away and I might even drive you insane. But I promise you this, nobody could ever even think about loving you as much as I do.
- Forgiveness is a way of opening up the doors again and moving forward, whether it’s personal life or a national life.
- It is never too late to strengthen the foundation of faith. There is always time. With faith in the Savior, you can repent and plead for forgiveness. There is someone you can forgive. There is someone you can thank. There is someone you can serve and lift. You can do it wherever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel.
- I’m sorry for making you lose your temper. But if I’m being honest, you look boiling hot when your temper boils over.
- Forgiveness for one’s self is the only way we can keep going through life and give ourselves the best chance at being the best people we can be.
- I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I
- Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.
- Forgiveness isn’t just the absence of anger. I think it’s also the presence of self-love when you actually begin to value yourself.
- I trust fate and I believe in love, which is why I know you’ll accept my apology. I’m sorry.
- Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is, therefore, the means for correcting our misperceptions.
- Sorry means you leave yourself open, to embrace or to ridicule or to revenge. Sorry is a question that begs forgiveness, because the metronome of a good heart won’t settle until things are set right and true. Sorry doesn’t take things back, but it pushes things forward. It bridges the gap. Sorry is a sacrament. It’s an offering. A gift.
- Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.
- But sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. True sorrow is as rare as true love.
- Prejudice is sinful. All blood flows red. And the most harmful and foolish kind of prejudice is prejudice against yourself. Every woman is your sister, and every woman needs her sisters. So try to give other women the courtesy of your compassion, respect, and forgiveness. Love yourself despite – and because of – your flaws.